Monday 16 March 2009

Twit Lit

e:A Novel was first published back in 2000. The author, Matt Beaumont, had been a copywriter in a large London advertising agency and the novel - a modern mutation of the epistolary genre - is a genuinely funny farce of a tale that captures the mood and atmosphere of the advertising industry at the turn of the millenium.

I haven't read the book recently, but I'm sure, although still funny, I'd also find it quaint and dated in places.

This got me thinking: has the Twitter Novel been done yet? I'm sure that this must be an idea whose time has definitely come.

3 comments:

Peter Ashley said...

I've only just realised you're blogging! All those packs 'n' things. Will start dipping in.

Sue Imgrund said...

Don't worry, Peter...I haven't really realised I'm blogging, either.
I think it's been going on for a year, almost to the day. I'm doing it mainly for my own entertainment - you'll notice that it all goes completely off-topic sometimes, but it's always a good feeling to know that someone out there is reading it.

Anonymous said...

I think I have heard of someone writing a Twitter novel. Two women I think. But I can't remember -- I may just be dreaming.